Included in the Create and Connect Family Workshop:
- Two fun and simple art activities that encourage imagination and creativity: Texture Collage and Let it Roll!
- Each activity includes a short Video Lesson led by Rachelle, to watch on your own or with your child.
- Each activity includes a downloadable PDF sheet.
- A full supply list for your two lessons, so you can plan with ease. * See below for a full supply list.
- Two mindset lessons on how to support your child's creativity: How to be a Guide on the Side & Why We Can't Let The Mess Slow Us Down.
- Bonus: Music to make art with in the form of a curated kids' Spotify playlist (a member favorite).
- A feeling of freedom and joy when you experience the ease of these activities and how much your child enjoys them.
- A taste of Schoolhouse member's experience
"Simple and easy to follow instructions, organized well, and beautiful results. I'm happy and so are my kids." - Workshop Parent
Is this workshop for me?
If you're looking for open-ended creative invitations to make art, along with empowering tips for strengthening your skills as a maker parent, this workshop is for you. If you're looking for cookie-cutter crafts that strive for perfection, this workshop won't deliver.
- Cardboard or sturdy paper
- Textural materials to collage: wrapping paper, tissue paper, fabric pieces, cotton balls, foil, etc.
- White glue
- Sturdy paintbrush
- Jar to hold glue
- Paper to fit inside the tray (at least 3 pieces)
- Tempera paint (poster paint)
- Small balls such as marbles, ping pong balls, or even smooth pebbles
- 3 Spoons
- 3 Paint cups
If you're happy, we're happy. If you try the workshop and find that it's not for you, email us with an explanation of how we could have done a better job at: [email protected] for a full refund.